Like other parts of the body, the nervous system can often become overloaded with stress that can manifest in the body as pain, sickness and disease. Ayurvedic massage therapy is one of the oldest healing method in the world and also the anti-dot to stress that causes problems in your nervous system..
All massage techniques stimulate the nervous system the body’s Parasympathetic nervous system is responsible for feelings of peace, rest and wellbeing. Different strokes and techniques in massage stimulate the nervous system and this in turn counteracts the exhausting stress and anxiety.
The massage works to release any blocked negative energy in the nervous system that may be manifesting itself as disease or injury in energy centers. It does so by working on Marmas – the vital points on the neck, shoulders and head . This removes the block, allowing for a free flow of energy around the body, restoring the individual to optimum health and feelings of wellbeing.
The application of pressure to certain points stimulates all vasomotor nerves, pain perception nerves, underlying joints, muscles and internal organs. Its effects on the nervous system depend on the points stimulated, and the consequent reflex reaction of each nerve.
· Massage soothes and restores nervous system, resulting in reduced levels of depression and anxiety.
· It increases pain-killing neurotransmitters .
· Reduces acute and chronic pain
· Relieves insomnia and feelings of restlessness.
· Relieves accumulated tension that can often result in headaches, migraines, neck and back pain..
· Detoxifies the body by stimulating lymphatic drainage
· Improves circulation, which in turn increases energy levels.